Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Movie Soundtrack Feature: "Pump It Up"

MOVIE SOUNDTRACK FEATURE: "PUMP IT UP"

Joe Budden "Pump It Up"





I am probably one of the biggest fans of the Fast and Furious series. I know there are some out there who think it's full of pointless action scenes involving cars, guns and fighting. And, while the newer movies seem to have gone that way, it doesn't make me like them any less. My favorite move in the whole series, which I always feel may be the best one in the whole series, is 2 Fast 2 Furious. It is from that soundtrack that we get "Pump It Up." This was the first movie in the series that featured Ludacris, and it was his label that had a big influence on the music selection for this soundtrack. Luda had a few songs that he put on it, including his hit "Act A Fool," but it really seemed to be Joe Budden's track that really took off. The soundtrack was certified gold in 2003, and reached #5 on Billboard's Top 200. "Pump It Up" has also been featured in a few other movies, as well as Madden 2004. It was one of my personal pump up songs (how fitting) for listening before athletic events. I will warn you that there are some explicit lyrics, but I hope you enjoy today's selection.


If you want to learn more about the soundtrack as well as the track list, click here


Lyrics to "Pump It Up"  

No comments:

Post a Comment